Sunday, January 23, 2011

Oatmeal Pancakes

I will never make regular pancakes again!!! These are amazing and easy. I did modify the recipe, I seem to not be able to follow some of these exactly. I modified this one because, let's face it, who has buttermilk in their fridge at all times? And the store makes you purchase a huge container and it ends up going to waste. Plus, buttermilk is high in calories so my version is healthier. I have skim milk in my fridge so I used that. Here's the original and my modified.

Original:

1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 tbs sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
2 tbs vegetable oil
2 egg whites OR 1 egg

Mine:
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 equal packets
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup milk (up to about 3/4 cup... this will depend on how fluffy or thin you like your pancakes)
2 tbs vegetable oil
1 egg

Procedure:

With hand mixer or wooden spoon beat all ingredients until smooth. I used my Kitchen Aid. One of the best kitchen items ever!
Pour pancake mixture onto a griddle or pan. I have the Griddler and I used that. Grease or non grease your pan according to your pan's directions.
Cook until puffed and bubbling around the edges; then turn over. Cook until golden brown. Serve with toppings of your choice.

Notes: Ma (Dolores) White really liked these.

No comments:

Post a Comment