Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Bow Tie Pasta w/ Sausage & Peppers

This recipe is one of my favorites!!

Ingredients:

6 oz pkg dried bow tie pasta (I used the mini ones)
12 oz Italian sausage links (I used 3 sausages & cut them into 6 or 7 pieces)
1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large red pepper,diced
1 large green pepper, diced
1 cup mushrooms (I don't like mushrooms so I left them out)
2/3 cup chicken broth
1 to 2 tbsp basil 
2 tsp cornstarch
1 large tomato, diced (not included in the pic cuz I forgot to put it in!)

Procedure:

Cook pasta. While pasta is cooking, chop onion, red pepper, green pepper and mushrooms.
Put tbsp of EVOO in large pan. Once heated, saute the onion, red pepper, green pepper and mushrooms for about 5 minutes on medium heat (can add black pepper and a little salt). Add the sausage and cook until sausage is done.
Combine broth, basil & cornstarch in a liquid measuring cup and mix until combined. Add that mixture to the sausage mixture. Cook and stir until thickened & bubbly, about 2 minutes. Turn heat off. Stir in tomato and enjoy!

1 comment: