Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Egg Cookies

Unsure why your cookies never quite turn out right? Always use butter!! Never margarine. I never never bake without butter. So don't do it! Most recipes don't specify unsalted or salted, and usually just says butter or margarine. In those cases, I use unsalted butter. Reason being is that you can then control how much salt goes into the dessert.

This cookie is a mix between an oatmeal raisin cookie (w/out the raisins) and a sugar cookie. It has a denseness of a shortbread cookie. Very good. Have fun decorating... please do a better job than I did. I was so tired after making sauce & manicotti that I didn't have any motivation to decorate mine. I even have pretty Easter sprinkles and everything. Sorry! I promise my next dessert will be pretty.


Ingredients:

1 cup butter (unsalted)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp almond or vanilla extract
1 egg
3 cups sifted flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup quaker oats

Directions:


  • Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Butter needs to be at room temperature in order for it to get creamy without any clumps. 
  • Add extract and egg. Beat together until incorporated. 
  • Sift together flour and salt.
  • Throughly mix with butter mixture.
  • Stir in oats.
  • Shape dough into eggs. Recipe says it will make 36 eggs, but I got 24 out of mine (bigger eggs)
  • Bake on ungreased cookie sheets at 325 degrees.
  • Cool.
  • Decorate with confectioner's sugar frosting, sprinkles, whatever!




    No comments:

    Post a Comment