Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pretzel Jello Salad

I made this dish for my Saturday Shindig party. For those not in the know, for about 6 years now my cousin Kristy and I have throwing themed parties twice a year for my mom's side of the family. It makes me happy that I now have something for my dad's side... this blog! The party's theme: Egyptian! Here's a few pics for ya!







This was a great dish to bring to the party. It was summery and light. It was so good that I'm feeling pressure from Angela to put this blog up before this weekend because she is going to make it! Angela cooking... look out! This is super easy to make so no worries. I was a bit nervous making this because for some reason instant jello & puddings don't ever work out for me. I make make complicated dishes and baked goods... but jello is my enemy. All worked out in the end though! Make this easy dish. You will need a few hours though. 


(Notes in book from Dolores (my Grandma, aka Ma) : Also used raspberry Jello & raspberries.)


Ingredients:


1 1/2 cup crushed pretzels (use blender)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
8 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
9 oz cool whip
1/2 cup sugar
2   -  3 oz Strawberry Jello (I only used one, I misread this when I made it. haha! Oops!)
2 cups boiling water
2 - 10oz frozen Strawberries (Ok, this is ridiculous. As I write this I am realizing errors. I used 1 pkg. Ugh.)


Procedure:



  • Melt butter.
  • Add melted butter to crushed pretzels & 1/2 sugar. Mix together. 
  • Pat into 9x13 pan evenly.
  • Bake at 350 degrees & then cool.




  • Mix together cool whip, cream cheese, and 1/2 cup sugar. 
  • Spread over cooled pretzel crust. 
  • Cool  1 1/2 hours in refrigerator. 




  • 1 1/2 hrs later, Mix Jello & boiling water very well. 
  • Add undrained strawberries and spread over all. 
  • Refrigerate to set. 
  • Cut into squares for serving. 



No comments:

Post a Comment