Friday, August 26, 2011

Apricot Jam Bars

This dish was made to bring to my last class of summer school a week ago. Our teacher made an announcement that she wouldn't be opposed to treats being brought in for the last day. Out of the entire class, I brought the jam bars & a lady brought in Krispy Kreme donuts! Sugar... Sugar... Sugar!


I ended up watching 5 yr old Dakota for a few hours when I was to be making this. I knew that it would be more fun if we also made something that she would like and could eat right away! Plus I couldn't go to class with a piece missing out the pan. ;0)  I asked Dakota what she wanted to make, anything at all and we'll make it. Her response, "Cupcakes! Chocolate Cupcakes!" Aww girl after my own heart. I love cupcakes too. We ended up making both cupcakes & apricot jam bars. She tasted every ingredient, and found that Cocoa Powder is not very good to eat by itself! hahaha. When we were constructing the bars, she said, "Everyone is just going to love this. Make sure you tell everyone that I helped." Yes Dakota, you helped a lot. She even tried using the sifter!! Here's a pic of Dakota's sprinkle extravaganza!



Very easy & yummy dish! Enjoy!


(Notes from recipe book: Dolores (Ma - my grandma) & Loretta (Gram - my great grandma) baked these!)

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup butter
1 cup apricot jam (I used the entire jar of jam!)

Procedure:

  • Mix flour, baking soda, sugar and oats in a bowl.
  • Pat 2/3 of mixture in a 9 x 13 pan. 
  • Spread jam evenly over top.
  • Cover with remaining crumb mixture.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
  • Cool.
  • Cut into bars.




No comments:

Post a Comment