Friday, February 11, 2011

Onion & Cheese Soup

Epic Fail! This soup did not turn out at all!! It was chunky coagulated bits of cheese and anyone who knows me, knows that I don't eat cheese unless it's melted so I had a huge problem with this. As it cooled in the bowl it got even chunkier. Gross. I think I didn't work this recipe right. Actually I know I messed up a few spots so I'm thinking it was more my fault than the recipe's fault!  I actually thought about not posting this and giving it a second go around, but I think some of you out there like to know that not every dish is going to be a winner. Sometime the chef has an off day and sometimes the recipe is just not good. Feel free to give this one a try and let me know your success. I'd love to hear it!

Ingredients:

4 tbs butter
2 cups sliced onions
2 tbs flour
1 12oz can evaporated milk
3 cups boiling water
1 tsp salt
1 cup grated American cheese

Procedure:

  • Melt butter in a saucepan.
  • Add thinly sliced onions. Cover & cook over low heat until tender but not browned. 
  • Add flour and stir until well blended.
  • Add Milnot gradually, stirring to keep mixture smooth. (Mine was not smooth so I had a problem at this point).
  • Add boiling water and cook in top of double boiler over boiling water for at least 10 minutes. (I didn't use a double boiler, I had the soup on low heat.)
  • Just before serving, add grated cheese, stir until melted and season to taste. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment