Monday, May 30, 2011

Tortellini Salad

I love this salad! You can make it in advance, like the day before and it's even better that way. The dressing has time to marinate together with the rest of the ingredients that way. This dish is very simple, pretty much just chopping everything and cooking the pasta. Easy! And oh so delicious. You can pair it with meat as a side salad or do what Mike and I did... eat it all by itself as a main dish! In the picture, I forgot to include the olives. I don't like olives so I was just going to put it in Mike's and take a picture of his plate, but I forgot it all together. Oh well. Make this dish! You will not be disappointed. Enjoy!!!


Ingredients:

1              green pepper, chopped
1/2 cup    black olives, sliced
1 cup       cheese, cubed - any hard cheese of choice. I chose mozzarella.
1/2 cup    salami or pepperoni chips (I bought salami lunch meat & chopped it up)
3-4          green onions, chopped. Include tops
1/2 cup    chopped celery
1/4 cup    fresh parsley
1 pkg       tortellini - cooked

Dressing:

3 Tbs     red wine vinegar
1 tsp      basil
1 tsp      Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp   salt
1/4 tsp   pepper
1/2        olive oil
1 tsp     oregano
few crushed red pepper flakes


  • Mix in small bowl with a whisk.


Directions:


  • Cook tortellini according to package instructions.
  • Mix all ingredients together. 
  • Pour dressing over & mix together.


No comments:

Post a Comment