Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pumpkin Cake

This recipe is not very complete in the book direction wise, so follow along with my directions if you plan on attempting this recipe. When I made it, I lessened the oil, sugar, and eggs to make it a bit healthier. I also added nutmeg, ground ginger, and ground cloves. I use that combination (including cinnamon) for all of my pumpkin desserts. The cake was very dense. I am wondering if I had left the oil amount the same if it would have been fluffier. Either way, it was REALLY good! I love pumpkin desserts and this is perfect for fall, which is when I actually made it. I said in a prior blog that I have been cooking/baking, but just didn't have time for the blogging part.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups vegetable oil (I cut in half)
2 cups white sugar (I cut in half)
4 eggs (I cut in half)
2 cups pumpkin
3 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
Added: 1-2  tsp each nutmeg, ground cloves & ground ginger

Directions:
  • Mix oil, sugar, egg and pumpkin in a large mixing bowl (Kitchen Aid)
  • Add flour gradually.
  • Add baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, & cloves. 
  • Mix until combined.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment