Monday, December 19, 2011

Peanut Butter Fudge


I remember fudge being around all the time at family parties, but I never ate it. I'm not a big fan of fudge because I like my chocolate to have stuff it in, like nuts or caramel. Plus I find the texture weird. The last day of my Literature for Young Adults class was a party! Woo Hoo! The week before I asked some of my classmates if they wanted me to make peanut butter fudge, and it was a resounding YES! Can't argue with enthusiasm. Of course I had used more powdered sugar than I had anticipated a few days prior when I was making 4 dozen red velvet cupcakes for the White Christmas party so I was 2 ounces short of powdered sugar. Running on EMPTY, I was being lazy and didn't go to the store for more so decided to just chance it. They tasted wonderful and I now LOVE peanut butter fudge. A few more ounces of powdered sugar would have made it firmer, but class didn't mind that they were a bit soft. I'm not sure if I have shared this prior, but I love baking when it includes melting ingredients on the stove! This was so easy to make, I have faith that anyone can do it. I will make this again for sure.

Ingredients:

2 sticks of butter (recipe says margarine but I don't believe in using margarine in baking)
1 cup peanut butter
1 lb powdered sugar
1 Tsp vanilla

Directions:

  • Melt butter, peanut butter, and vanilla in a saucepan. DO NOT BOIL. Put on med/low heat.
  • Remove from heat when the mixture is smooth. 
  • Add powdered sugar.
  • Mix until the mixture is smooth again. Don't want any lumps!
  • Pour into a buttered or greased pan (fudge is sticky and if you want to get it out, then I suggest using some form of lubrication.) I used a 9x9 glass pan.
  • Let it set to cool, then cut. I put it in the fridge for faster cooling. 


    1 comment:

    1. omg girl this look ah-maz-ing! i def need to get in the habit of making some yummy fudge and pb sounds just the trick :) xo

      ReplyDelete