Saturday, June 18, 2011

Peanut Blossoms

I should be doing homework but instead I'm writing this blog! I'm a bit overdo on this one, I made these cookies a few weeks ago for Mike's work party. These cookies are another staple at our family parties! At our family reunion last week Aunt Charlotte and I had a conversation about whether to put the cookies back in the oven after putting Hershey kiss on top. When I made them, I put them back in the oven. Aunt Charlotte says that she doesn't. Both ways work! Decide for yourself on how you want to make these! There are two recipes in the book so I will note the variations from the second recipe. Of course I forgot to take picture so I took one off the internet instead. Sorry, but Enjoy!

Ingredients:

1 3/4 cups   flour
1 tsp           baking soda
1/2 cup       butter
1/2 tsp        salt
1/2  cup      peanut butter
1/2 cup       sugar
1/2 cup       brown sugar
1                egg
1 tsp          vanilla
48             Hershey kisses

Additional ingredients in 2nd recipe:
2 Tbs milk
2 tsp vanilla instead of 1



Procedure:

  • Cream butter and peanut butter in a mixing bowl. 
  • Add sugar, brown sugar, unbeaten egg, and vanilla. Beat well.
  • Sift together in another bowl: flour, baking soda and salt.
  • Blend the dry mixture into the cream mixture gradually. Mix well. 
  • Shape dough into balls using a round tsp full for each ball.
  • Roll balls into sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
  • Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes
  • Remove from oven and place a candy kiss on top of each cookie. 
  • Press down firmly so that the cookies crack around the edge.
  • Bake for 2 to 5 minutes, until golden brown. 
Peanut Blossoms II Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment