Tuesday, June 14, 2011

German Potato Salad

Guest Blog by Michele White .... my Mommason!

Ok, so I have been cooking out of the recipe book 1-2 times a week (Ron won’t agree with me cooking 1-2 times a week-but I sometimes do!).  Unfortunately, I forget to take pictures of the meals BEFORE we eat it so I don’t have many to share.  But here is one that I made that was fantastic.  This recipe was pretty simple to make, and it looks like you went through a whole lot of trouble to cook it.   Tip:  Cook your bacon the day before if you are making this dish for guests at you house.  That way the bacon won’t smell up the house. Good dish to take as a side dish to a party too.  Once you eat this you will never want to buy it in a can again!!!  Who does that?  Oh- I did. ^_^  (Mindy... I make can German potato salad too!! Like Mother like Daughter!)

Directions:

1lb bacon                                             ½ cup sugar
5lbs red potatoes                                  ½ cup vinegar
6 green onions chopped                        1 cup water
1 tbs flour

Procedure:

  • Boil potatoes, salt and pepper.   
  • Fry bacon until crispy, remove from grease.   
  • Add flour to bacon grease and stir until smooth.   
  • While stirring; add sugar, vinegar and water.   
  • When potatoes are cooled, peel and slice thinly.   
  • Pour sauce over sliced potatoes and chopped green onions.   
  • Add crumbled bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment