Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fiesta Chicken

I learned something today in my cooking adventure, that just because it looks wrong or gross prior to cooking doesn't mean that it won't turn it correct or good! Seriously, I put the dish in the oven and thought, "What is my plan B because this soooo isn't going to turn out good at all! How about pizza? Mike could maybe pick it up on his way home if I call it in now..." I didn't order the pizza, figured I would take my chances. And it turns out, it looks and tastes pretty good when done. Mike loved it! I would make this again but a healthy version. Thankfully I only choose one or two dishes per week to try and eat moderate portions otherwise this blog would be terrible for me!

I do want to apologize my for picture taking abilities.... I can cook and bake, I am NOT a photographer nor do I have awesome lighting in my house! The non light situation totally distorts the color of the photos. So when I tell you the dishes look better in person, they totally do, I'm not lying about it!



Ingredients:

1 cup cheese crackers, crush * I chopped it up in my food processor.
2 tbs taco seasoning
8 chicken breasts
4 chopped green onions
1 cups whipping cream
4 oz grated cheddar cheese
4 oz grated monteray jack cheese
1 can green chilis - drained and chopped
1/2 tsp instant chicken granulars (bullion)



Procedure:
  • Mix crackers and taco seasoning in a bowl.
  • Place half of the mix in a 9x9 pan.
  • Place chicken in the pan on top of the mix and coat chicken. Use the remaining mix.
  • Mix all other ingredients in a bowl and pour over chicken. 
  • Bake @ 350 degrees for 40 - 45 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment