Friday, March 11, 2011

Chicken Fettuccini Marinara

The original recipe calls for turkey breasts, but I had chicken so I used that instead. This is a great pasta dish! I'm used to making my own pasta sauces, rarely do I ever use jar sauce. This is a different take on the sauces I usually make so I enjoyed that a lot.  I especially liked the addition of hot sauce.  If you have it, use sriracha sauce... makes it sooooo good. I didn't even add garlic, believe it or not! Oh, and I used basil fettuccini noodles that I got at Target. They were amazing.

Ingredients:

1 lb chicken breasts
1 to 2 tsp olive oil
8 oz  fresh mushrooms sliced
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/2 cup diced onions
8 oz fettuccini
1 - 14 oz can Italian style tomatoes
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp dried basil
4 to 6 drops hot pepper sauce (I used sriracha sauce)

Procedure:
  • Cook fettuccini per package directions.
  • Cook chicken breasts until lightly browned and remove from pan.
  • Heat olive oil in pan and then add onions, mushrooms, black pepper and thyme.
  • Cook & stir 2 to 3 minutes until onion is tender and starts to caramelize.
  • Stir in fettuccini.
  • In blender, place remaining ingredients: tomatoes, cornstarch, lemon juice, dried basil, and hot sauce.
  • Blend away until tomatoes are chopped. 
  • Pour into a small pot and heat on medium until thickened, about 3 to 5 minutes.
  • Add chicken and sauce to fettuccini.
Note:
Dolores White, my grandma, remarked this dish as very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment